Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Washing Clothes by Hand

While on vacation last week, I didnt take enough undergarments to last the full week - on purpose!  I didnt have much room to take alot of clothing in my carry-on bag.

I was really dragging my feet when it came time to wash my undergarments in the hotel room sink, but this is what I learned:

  1. It doesnt take much time at all!  (just a few minutes)
  2. They air dry overnight - no dryer needed
  3. You use alot less soap
I was surprised at all of this.  It really didnt take much time at all, and I am contemplating starting to wash more of my clothes by hand in the sink. 

What are your thoughts on washing clothes by hand?  Have you ever done it?

2 comments:

  1. I often wash my more delicate tops after I take them off and then hang them in the shower of the spare bath. You can also find some things here- I want to get the plunger just in case the washer isn't working. There's a photo and it's on sale now.

    http://www.livereadynow.com/adjusting-on-our-new-homestead/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link! I am going to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete