Thursday, March 1, 2012

No 'Poo Experiment: Week 2

It has been two weeks, and I’m still going strong with theNo ‘Poo Experiment I am thrilled with the results.  I will have to say, nothing is really different about my hair except for the fact that I don’t use chemicals to wash/clean my hair each week!  For the second week into the experiment, I washed my hair only Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and it is doing just fine!



Last week, I mentioned that I needed to do something with my roots.  I have read that peroxide and/or lemon juice sometimes works to lighten hair.

I did exactly what the articles said and took a little bit of hair and put it in a little bowl of peroxide.  They said to wait for 15 minutes.  When I went back, the hair was still really dark, so I left it in the peroxide overnight (because I forgot about it).   The next morning, the hair was still dark, so I gave up.  I took it out of the peroxide and went along with my day. 




The next day, I went to throw the piece of hair away and I noticed it seemed lighter.  I held it up to my roots and it was considerably lighter!  Silly me, I didn’t even think about the fact that my hair is dark when it is wet!  When it dried, it was a nice lighter color!!!

So, on Sunday, I rubbed peroxide into my roots and let it dry.  The next morning, my dark roots were gone!!!  YAY!  This will save at least $12/year in coloring for my hair, not to mention there are no chemicals other than the 3% peroxide that can be purchased pretty much from any store.

I have 3 nearly new bottles of shampoo, and I really don’t feel the need to use them.  I may donate them or just give them to someone who wants them.  I don’t foresee myself going back to using shampoo.  There really is no need!  Hubby and I are going on a 9 day vacation in May, and I was thinking about how easy it will be to take a small container of baking soda with us instead of shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, etc.  It is one less thing TSA can stop us for while going through the checkpoints at the airport and I don’t have to worry about it leaking in our luggage (we only do carry-ons).

I am so glad I took the plunge and tried this method!  I will post results for one more week and will make the determination whether or not this is a life-long change for me.  If everything remains the same, I don’t see why it wouldn’t!

No comments:

Post a Comment