Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recipe: Taco Soup

This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine, and I couldn’t believe how simple (yet tasty) it was!  It takes less than 30 minutes to make, but it tastes even better if you make it up the night before and eat it the next day.




Taco Soup


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (I use ground turkey)

1 pkg taco seasoning

1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)

1 can pinto beans (do not drain)

1 cup water


Directions:

1.      Brown the ground meat and drain




2.      Add seasoning, tomatoes, pinto beans and water.



3.      Let simmer for 20-30 minutes

4.      Serve with tortillas, sour cream and cheese (all optional)




Because I am on the slow carb diet , I eat the soup just as it is, without any optional chips, sour cream or cheese.  It is the perfect quick meal!

1 comment:

  1. So easy to cook. It seems healthy and yummy too........ Thanks.

    ReplyDelete