Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Giving the Gift of Time and Memories


My (goofy) niece on Fathers Day 2012. 
We had a bonfire and cooked camper pies.
Alot of great conversation and quality time was had.

I enjoy planning for the holidays throughout the entire year.  I love trying to figure out practical, cost-effective gifts that others would enjoy.  Last year, I made a lot of gifts for our family and friends. This year, I plan on doing the same thing along with the gift of time together and memories.

My 6 year old niece lives with my father, his wife, and my sister.  I decided early on this year that I wanted to do something with them as an entire family for Christmas this year.  I plan on making a booklet with things for the entire family to do every few months off the year.  It will have:

·         Ice skating or roller skating

·         Making a snow-family together

·         Zoo

·         Children’s Museum

·         Kid’s Show (of some sort)

Of course, all of these events would be paid for by Todd and I, because it is our gift to them. 

I am a photo-fanatic as it is, so I plan on taking lots of photos on our excursions out as a family.  For Christmas 2013, I will give my niece a little scrapbook of our outings. 

We have always done things together as a family, but a lot of times it is at their house and it includes a lot of laughter, good food and great company.  This gift will include making memories to that list, which I feel is most important for a family.


Have you considered giving a gift of your time and making memories for Christmas this year?  I would like to hear all about your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment