Thursday, February 16, 2012

The No 'Poo Experiment

Missy over at Graceful Little Honey Bee, posted on her blog several months ago about her journey to go no ‘poo.  I had never heard of anything like it, and wondered what my hair would be like without any hair products.

Admittedly, I {heart} Garnier Fructice shampoo.  I have been using it alongside other brands for the last 10 years not to mention I use hairspray every day.  My intent is to determine whether or not my hair will become healthier and lightweight without all of these products in it.  I have seen in several blog posts that at some point, you may be able to go without washing your hair ever again once your hair get to its “natural state.”  I think this would be great, but I am curious to see if I can get to this point or not.

Clean Hair With Shampoo View From Top
(Yes, I need to touch up my roots!)

Clean Hair Head-On


Ingredients:

  • Baking Soda
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Water
The baking soda is supposed to help with the grease whereas the apple cider vinegar is supposed to help nourish the hair.

Here is to a journey over the next couple of weeks to determine what this “No ‘Poo Revolution” is all about.  I will be documenting the good, the bad and the ugly!


4 comments:

  1. I have been reading several posts about this and actually wrote down to try this after my stock of shampoo is gone. I can't wait to see how it does with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped washing my hair everyday about a year ago, and it is thicker, healthier, and more voluminous than ever before! Now when I do wash I use a rosemary mint mixture that I love, it feels so good on my scalp. Shampoo actually strips away the natural parts of your hair, all you really need is water to remove the excess build up!
    Good luck, cannot wait to see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki - I have about 3 bottles of shampoo, but I really dont mind this "no 'poo" thing. I may never go back!

    Kate - that's awesome! :-) I'm not having any issues so far, and I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete