Friday, October 14, 2011

Recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza

I have heard of people making chicken BBQ pizza before, but it never really appealed to me until I tried it at my father’s house a couple of weeks ago.  I made it for dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome! 


This is how I made it:


  1. Make the pizza dough (see below for recipe)
  2. Spread out the dough on your pizza stone or pizza sheet
  3. Apply BBQ sauce to the dough
  4. Add chopped up chicken over the BBQ sauce
  5. Place mozzarella cheese over the chicken
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 450 or until dough is fully cooked
  7. Enjoy!

Steps 1 & 2

Step 3 

 Step 4

Step 5
 

Step 7
(I had to add some shredded cheese because we ran out of mozzarella!)

I couldn’t believe how simple this was to make and with very few ingredients, it was right up my alley!  This recipe is a keeper in our home!


Our favorite homemade pizza dough recipe:

1 cup hot water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix together the hot water and yeast, then add the the other ingredients.
Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes. 




This post is linked up with Weekend Blog Hop and Frugal Friday's.

3 comments:

  1. Try some red onion chopped in small pieces too, delicious. I like the sweeter BBQ sauce on it too. We have some pizzerias here that make a very good BBQ chicken pizza, our cafeteria at work also makes a very good one. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete