Thursday, April 19, 2012

The No 'Poo Experiment: 2 Month Progress Report

have been practicing the No ‘Poo method for over two months now, and have only used “regular” shampoo once in that time.  When I used regular shampoo, I hated the results.  While rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, my hair felt like straw, not to mention it was a tangled mess when I went to go blow dry my hair!

A few weeks back, I decided I was going to go back to shampoo, even though I didn’t like the results.  My scalp had been itchy and I was getting horrible dandruff for some reason with the No ‘Poo method.  When the time came to wash my hair two days later, I thought about how awful my hair felt when I used shampoo that one time during my experiment.  I could not bring myself to washing my hair with regular shampoo.

I got in the shower and washed my hair with the baking soda mixture I normally use (2 Tbsp baking soda with 2 Tbsp hot water).  When I got out and dried my hair with a blow dryer, I decided to forgo the hairspray. (Yes, I had been using hairspray this entire time – but not nearly as much as I had in the past.)  Low and behold, my scalp didn’t itch!!  Within a week, the dandruff was gone!  I think the hair spray was leaving a residue on my scalp, which made it itchy and created dandruff. 

Now, I just wash my hair, dry it with the dryer and go about my business.

Clean Hair Before No 'Poo Experiment

2 Months Into Experiment: No 'Poo or Spray!

Not much of a difference, eh?

Let me tell you, it is so much more soft and tangle-free since I’ve gone without hairspray.  And somehow, my hair seems fuller than ever!  I am officially ‘Poo and hairspray free and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment