Instructions for Peanut WreathThis wreath will attract larger birds such as blue jays.
What You will Need
- Wire coat hanger
- Sugar glue (see recipe below)
- Whole unshelled peanuts
How to Do ItTo make the peanut wreath, all you need is a bag of whole peanuts, a wire coat hanger and some special “glue” using flour, water, and a little corn syrup (see recipe below). Make sure the glue is gooey and thick before applying.
- First shape the coat hanger into a circle, leaving the hook on.
- Glue a single layer of peanuts all around the coat hanger.
- When the first layer is dry, make two or three more layers, arranging the peanuts at different angles to create an attractive wreath.
- Ensure that you let each layer dry before applying the next.
Peanut Wreath Glue Recipe
Mix the following ingredients together in a bowl and then use a small brush to apply: