Friday, April 29, 2011

Home Remedy : Poison Ivy

A couple of weeks ago, I was at dinner with my mom and her husband who is as a physician. Doc is the smartest person I know.  He offers little snippets of interesting information and I love it!

With the arrival of Spring also comes poison ivy, especially in my family.  My father gets a horrible case of poison ivy every year, it seems.  I’m not talking a little spot here or there: it spreads over his entire body!   Todd has been known to get poison ivy and so have I!

Want to get rid of it quickly without even having to go to the store?  Apply vinegar or tomato juice to the poison ivy.  This will help dry the poison ivy up and heal much quicker than other methods.

3 comments:

  1. great to know!! i use vinegar on everything. who knew it would work on this! thanks for sharing. and congrats on the debt pay down!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes vinegar is good! Another thing that worked for me was to get really really hot water and run over it for a bit and then immediately put rubbing alcohol on it followed with caladryll lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that doesn't work, you can get poison ivy soap at www.neatcampinggadgets.com. It's supposed to work really well. Fortunately I haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet!

    ReplyDelete