Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recipe: Waffles

When Todd and I got married, Todd had a waffle iron.  He said we could throw it away because he didnt like it due to the batter sticking to the iron.  This gave me the incentive to find the best waffle recipe I could find.  This is our favorite recipe: 

Waffles:

2 C flour
1 tsp salt (optional)
4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 C milk
1/3 C butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix it together and pour it into your waffle iron.  They are so nice and fluffy!

Todd prefers the recipe above, but I like to make the waffles a little healthier.  I substitute:

2 bananas for the eggs
1/3 C applesauce for the butter

This makes a thicker batter that can easily be thinned with a little more milk.  I have made this recipe with chunky applesauce and it was delicious!  These waffles can be made in advance and frozen, which is what I am doing this week for our vacation next week!

Also, if you dont have a waffle iron and would like to make homemade waffles, this is the time to pick one up at a garage sale.  I see them all he time for a buck or two because people dont use them.  We absolutely love our homemade waffles and make them at least twice a month.

1 comment:

  1. I was making waffles once a week until I got pregnant...then I had an aversion to waffles. I have a few really good recipes here: http://mamamusingsblog.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html

    ReplyDelete