With the beautiful weather, our life seems to get more and more hectic. We have more engagements with friends and family, working on the house(s), playing in the garden, picking the never-ending weed population, walking the dog, playing with the chickens and general upkeep.
I mentioned to Todd that I was feeling overwhelmed, and he brought up a great point: I spend too much time online. I also noticed something else: I watch too much TV.
I have decided that life is more important than keeping up with blog hops (though I love them!), Facebook, message boards and email. Yes, I will still check them, but only Friday through Sunday and only when I have the time.
What do I plan to accomplish by doing this?
- Create and stick with a cleaning schedule
- Spend quality time with hubby and the “farm”
- Read (The 90 Day Bible Session will start July 11th!)
- Cook more meals (instead of making the basics)
- Get the weeds under control in the flower beds and garden!
- Take some of the work-load of daily house chores off of Todd
- Exercise (more walks with the puppy)
I have a week’s worth of blogs to pre-post this weekend and then I will “unplug” starting Monday. Of course, I will be thinking about the blog and will hopefully have much more content now that I am outside and living life! I am anxious to see how much I can achieve with the laptop and TV turned off.