So, I am going to start a message here on the blog, because I want to hear what you have to say.
These are just a few from my own personal experience.
You Know You're Frugal When...
- Even the dollar theater seems to be too expensive to watch a movie
- You patch the same area of a pant three times in hopes to make it last just one more year (and then patch it again anyways)
- You dont like to buy anything unless you determine whether or not you can make it yourself
- Your favorite department store is the Thrift Store
- Someone walks around with their new "name brand" purse and you remember that you got your vintage tan leather Gucci purse from a flea market for $10! And the wallet inside cost less than $0.50! (I've had the purse for years, and I still love it!)
- You balk at the vending machine because you know you can buy a box of animal crackers for the price of two small bags from said vending machine
- You prefer making a homemade pizza for less than $1.00 instead of ordering a pizza from even your favorite pizza joint
- You wont even spend $10 for a haircut at Great Clips (including tip) because you can do it yourself!
- People make fun of how proud you are of your $2 shoes from a garage sale or $0.50 sweater from the Thrift Store
- You realize that you are a minority in the way you think about money
- You think your 5 1/2 year old, paid off vehicle with 145,000 miles on it is the best vehicle ever and you talk about driving it for another 200,000+ miles or until the wheels fall off!
- You think the best meal out to eat is one that is free! (We love gift cards from Christmas, and use them sparingly throughout the year!)
These are just a few of mine. What are yours?