|Recipe & Picture Credit|
This is the recipe:
Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Popcorn
- 18 cups popped popcorn placed in a large roasting pan or bowl for mixing
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 container mixed nuts (or your favorite kind)
- 3-4 oz. dark chocolate
- 3-4 oz. milk chocolate
- 3-4 oz. white chocolate
- Melt in saucepan butter, corn syrup, salt, baking soda, and brown sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take off heat and let cool 2 minutes.
- Pour half the caramel mixture over the popcorn, mixing in carefully, add the nuts, pour the rest of the caramel over the top mixing in carefully but well.. place in large roasting or lasagna pan and place in preheated 200 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolates in seperate containers in the microwave. it works well to microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- After the popcorn comes from the oven, place on two sheet pans, drizzle each pan with equal parts of the chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Break apart and serve in holiday wrappers or containers for gifts or a treat for family and friends. Yield: serves 12
Every Monday through the week of Christmas will be a new homemade gift idea/project. Be sure to check them out! Happy Crafting!